Tuesday, August 29, 2006

They won't be my pictures

J. is going to send me some photos of the orphange she last attended, and some photos of street children in Jakarta. As soon as she does, I will post as many as I can. Hopefully, that will be of interest to you. Since there is little that I can add to the images, I will see if she will guest blog and answer any questions. I haven't run this by her, so she may say 'no.'

I am definately going to the Grand Mosque this weekend. Photos of that will also be posted when available. I have reached the point where I don't know if I am repeating myself. Questions at this time would be quite welcomed since I hardly know what to say. Today we are back to the regular school day.

Last night the mozzies came (slang her for mosquitios, may be British slang, not sure). In spite of my attempts to cast them off with stick after stick of citronella insense (may not be called that, but whatever its name, it usually works)but there were simply too many of them. It was very uncomfortable and the power was also cut for a few hours rendering me defenseless and hot. All floors here are tiled and when the power goes out, it is best to lie on the floor--yes, on the hard tiles--as it is so much cooler. Still, it is hard. Sleep can be a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home