Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More photos



The one picture is of the village on the island in the middle of Lake Toba. The purpose of taking it and then posting it is to give an example of the sort of landscape one sees in Sumatra quite often. This is how most people live. The second photo needs no further explanation. Again the authenticity of my wardrobe is nearly unquestionable, though a few anachronisms slipped through. See if you can spot them!

I don't know when I'll be posting again. Tomorrow and Friday there is no school. The weekend is a time I'm usually disconnected, and then next week there is a completely different school schedule due to some mandatory testing. I will attempt to get to the internet cafe to write when I can but it won't likely be a daily event.

I watched an Iranian film called "Turtles Can Fly" the other day and reccomend it highly. Also, "Sometimes in April", a film about the Rwanda genocide is a good bit of history and companion piece to "Hotel Rwanda" which had more famous actors and so received more press, but was also quite good.

My school has done little in the way of celebrating the upcoming Independence Day which is frustrating for the few native Indonesian at our school. Most schools are either off today or devoting the day to the celebration. Indonesians take the holiday very seriously. I plan to attend some of the festivities tomorrow and hope that it will give me something to write about and, of course, pictures.

Thank you for the comments regarding the Toba trip and for the pressure to post the silly Batak king photos. My friend, yes okay, girlfriend, who persuaded me to accept the offer to pose for these also thought that if I didn't blog them, then there was no point in embarrassing me. So here you go, laugh it up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your picture, Mike. I think the "king" outfit is similar to one Erin and I saw on "Project Runway" one night. You make a much better model, though! Your stories are fascinating. Take care. Love MAB

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home