Sunday, August 27, 2006

Crashed my Mac

I am trying to recover my Mac and when I do, if I do, I can begin posting pictures again. Things have been busy lately, socially, and I think I need to spend some time going around the city and being more culturally observant. So that's the plan for this week.

The "Mysterious Organization" seems to actually exist in some form or another. People watch each other and guess and gossip about what they don't know for sure. This is not the Indonesian community, with whom I have very little contact. The drivers are Indonesian, yes, and the maids, and the workers at the stores and restaurants, but most of my neighbors are the Chinese minority who own everything and live in huge houses. I'll say no more about the matter. The "M.O." is everywhere in Medan.

Tomorrow, if all goes to plan, I will post pictures and have something to say about those pictures. If not tomorrow, then sometime this week, I promise. Oh, there is one story. We do not start classes for another hour today because of the strange testing schedule. The driver wanted to take me to school at nine and I told him that I was hungry (Saya lapan). He took me to an Italian restaurant that was not yet opened. The restaurant is owned by the father of a student in mentor class. When they saw which school I was from they let me come in and eat one and half hours before they opened. That's my school, connections.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamison said...

Please pass on a suggestion to Indonesia from the good people of the states to STOP SPOILING YOU!

You were insufferable enough before.

I say this for your own good. Coming back with such an elated sense of privilage is bound to be bad for your career. The first time you throw your martini glass against the wall and scream to the principal, "One olive!? You can't treat me this way!" I think you'll find that it doesn't go over nearly as well here.

Hey, what went wrong with the Mac? Did you find a good place to service it locally or do you have to ship it off somewhere? Are you just using the school computers now?

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home