Monday, September 04, 2006

another quick note

It is pouring right now. I have only a few minutes before my next class. Last night the cabbie who drove me home from the hospital spoke a little english. "Little" is the operative word. When I told him I was American he reacted excitedly: "America! Big Money America! Big guns! Very Good! VERY good, mister, American. What's your nama?"


I said, "Michael." He said, "Michael Jackson! Number one singer! Michael Jordan! Very good, Mr Michael! American very bad at football World Cup. Very good SuperBowl! Do you like Kool and the Gang?"

"Sure."

"America very good singer. Indonesia very bad. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Harry Harrison, Very Good American Singers!" "They were English, actually." "Oh sorry sir, English and American friends, yes?" "Yes." "Oh very good, I love disco!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home