Thursday, July 27, 2006

The temperture in Medan

I have no idea what the temperture is in Medan, it feels pretty much the same everyday. The temperture is also measured in Celsius and so the conversion to farenheit would be an approximation and probably not accurate. I know that it was 111 degees in Kansas not long ago and someone here said that that would be about 41 degrees Celsius, someone else said even higher than that. My guess is that it is nearly always 85-90 degrees Farenheit with a very high humidity. The town moves at a slow pace and it is a wonder why the school days go so long with no equivilent of a Siesta.

I will make an effort this weekend to get to an internet cafe so that I can communicate with a few people but things are very busy. I am able to post at school because I am here from 7 to 6 nearly every day and have some down time.

I thought that I had posted a photo yesterday but apparently it didn't take. Internet is slow here and it must never have finished before I shut down. Must go. If Jamison is out there, I will try to call Sunday or possibly tonight. My only set plans are for Saturday night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamison said...

I'm here. I'm always here. I check a couple of times a day, but I don't always comment. Are you twelve hours ahead or behind? I keep forgetting.

I have to say that this blog has been fantastic. The pictures are quite beautiful. I hope that in the future you will have a chance to post more of them. I honestly made a snorting sound trying to stifle my laughter when I snuck onto your blog at work and read the "who makes war" part of a previous post.

I have to say that your use of "one" (as in "one has to be discreet and efficient when one scratches one's butt") has actually made you sound even more pretentious than you do in person. Well done, sir!

Wish you were here. I'd bitch about what is happening in Lebanon.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home