Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Quotidien

This only my third day of teaching (ever) and while things seem to going well in the classroom, administratively things are chaotic. One simply has to accept that information given will be, at times, half right, and that amending said information may take a while. For example, my teacher schedule said nothing of a Secondary 2 (7th grade) geography class at 12:45, yet students were waiting for me. I had to walk in and completely make everything up on the spot. This consisted of me assigning each of my five, already established groups, one of the providentially provided five divisions of the chapter for the day. In essence I did nothing, but I was not in any shape to lecture as I had done no preparation whatsoever.

Next week the days get longer in that we are responsible for leading a club. I had prepared for a film club and might do that next term but since a basketball club already exists, and since it would take no time to prepare for, and since I am already overwhelmed by the amount of work I am expected to do, well, I think I'll lead the basketball club.

You're not going to believe this but there is apparently a skating rink in Medan and there are kids in my Secondary 3 Geography class who love to play hockey. I kept saying "really?!!" Thus, my friend Nat's suggestion to me that I build Indonesia into an Olympic quality hockey team (which would certainly result a family themed Disney film about the topic) is slightly less far fetched than either of us had imagined.

Nothing else to report.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home