Sunday, July 30, 2006

More later

I just have a moment, so this will be brief. The weekend was interesting but a little exhausting. Sunday's are spent preparing for the upcoming week. I spent much of saturday with a friend going from place to place for a cup of coffee, then tea, then dinner, then a glass of wine, then shopping, then home. We took both taxi and becak.

The Indonesian restaurant at which we ate offers no menu but instead brings everything they serve to your table and then charges you for whatever you wind up eating. There was beef, lamb, chicken, fish, squid, some other things, and rice, of course. They make juice out of everything and I've never had so much juice in all my life. I made the mistake of eating a chili pepper and for a moment felt a little odd, had I eaten two, all bets would have been off.

Next weekend I plan on going to Lake Toba. Everyone speaks highly of this mountainous lake and I look forward to cool tempertures. Must go, I'll write this afternoon if the moment presents itself.

Oh, as for sounding more pretentious in my blog than I do in person, it's no accident but rather the result of years of diligent effort. My finely honed technique for executing this is thus: I think, how would Jamison express himself, and then do the opposite.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey,
Your adventures sound great and I am happy it is going well for you. I enjoy your pretentious style and applaud your friend for his skills as well. It is easy to see why you two get along. We leave for MN on Tuesday and are all excited. I'll have a cold one in your honor. Your Sis, Julie

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we got a laugh out of todays missile...its been really hot here,even here at the lake.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
After several attempts, I think you may actually get this.Maybe my early influence on your life helped turn you into a smart a__. We are sick of the extreme heat. I love to read your blog. Things sound great.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home