Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm still here

My work for the term is finished--save the Christmas concert which may well be beyond saving. We have been rehearsing and at best, we sound pretty awful much of the time. I have chosen to do musical numbers with a class that cannot, collectively or individually, carry a tune in a wheelbarrow. At times, though, they are charmingly off-key.

The work load was such the last couple of weeks that it has been difficult to blog and return emails. In addition to that, I will soon be gone on vacation for a week and so blogging will be infrequent then, as well. I will be in Singapore all of December and staying at a hostel as that is all I can afford. I believe I will have internet access there and a lot of time on my hands, so I should be able to write about goings on.

My new house is coming together nicely. For those of you who don't know I have moved out of the old place and things are looking sharp in the new abode thanks to some local workers that J. knows. They essentially turned the a box filled house into a home yesterday. The one man is an artist and we have two of his paintings on the wall. He is also making us a light fixture to hang from the ceiling above our dining room table. It is a good feeling to be living in a clean and stylish home--not to mention to be able to put work out of my mind for a couple of weeks.

I have not read the papers in some time. I don't know what's happening in the world. I will try to catch up so I can comment later--probably tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamison said...

The world is a big place and I don't know what is happening in most of it, but here a couple of recent Onion headlines:

"Legendary Duck Survives Another Hunting Season"

and

"Affable Anti-Semite Thinks Jews Are Doing Super Job With The Media"

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home