Sunday, November 26, 2006

possible move to multiply

I wanted to blog on Saturday but as has happened a lot recently, when I went to log the page froze. This has been happening ever since blogger switched me to beta blogger and I'm thinking that a move to Multiply may well be in order. If that happens, I will post you the directions.

J. went to Singapore to see a gamelan concert. The gamelan is a traditional javanese instrument. In less than two weeks we are going to Yogyakarta and will be able to hear gamelan there, I suppose. She also needed to see her doctor as she had a very bad cough and has a history of pneumonia. She's okay though, and returning tonight.

Today is the begining of exam week. They assign each of us to proctor a couple of exams throughout the day--though they call this process invigilation. So I will be invigilating twice today. The exams last august--which came from Singapore and were taken by only a small percentage of students, also had invigilators and that is where I first heard the word. J. said back then that, "I'll be in school all day. I'm the invigilator." And I thought, "if you don't mind saying so yourself." It sounds like a very important position, doesn't it?

I don't know what I'm supposed to do when I'm not invigilating. I'm told that I should be marking, but my exams (the ones I've written and must mark) will not be taken until later in the week so I'm at a loss as to what to do with the extra time. Later in the week, I will have no extra time because marking essay exams takes a sight longer than marking multiple choice questions.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. J. thinks that she and I should host a belated Thanksgiving/Housewarming party in her new house--we'd call it a "housegiving party", maybe. Of course,with no oven there will be no turkey--and am not sure we could find a turkey if we wanted to. So, it will be chicken, and then god knows what else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home