Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tests are done; nothing left but the failing

After two weeks of writing, revising and revising revisions, my tests are in the bank. It's a huge relief. No power cut last night, so perhaps we're being spared for a spell.

My class will perform for assembly next Monday and we will be putting on a silent play as an homage to silent films. J. has been helping out, but as of right now we are nowhere near ready. Soon after that will be the Christmas concert, and I've no idea what to do for that although we are having a meeting tonight on the subject.

Indonesians do not really want Mr. Bush to visit next week but he's coming anyway--for ten hours. There have already been protests and they will likely continue. I would be willing to bet that the President will laud Indonesia's "strong democracy" in answer to his image being burned in effigy. Democracies don't tend to favour the president lately (e.g. Palestine, Iraq, most of Europe, home). I wonder if he'll sour on them completely.

I must go now, class beckons. More soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if there will be protests when I arrive? please let me know what is planned for my arrival. There are news articles suggesting "41's" foreign policy people are trying to take control now, thru Baker Gates etc. They want to capture his mind, so is it true he is just a puppet? look for the strings when you next see him

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home