Thursday, November 02, 2006

Friday post; but likely more this weekend


This promises to be a very busy weekend--Halloween Party and still exams to finish writing, not to mention the usual duties. Next saturday, we have that other extra school day, and there is UN day and on that following Monday my class must perform for assembly. So, no rest in the immediate future.

I don't think I have any more Singapore stories to tell, I was there only two days plus. Singapore is a pricey city and very commericial. Christmas trees were going up when I was there, as they might in America, even before Halloween. In a tropical climate with no discernable change in seasons, it is difficult to track time. It doesn't feel like November. The actual day of Halloween passed without my even noticing.

Last night, I made popcorn over a burner for the first time. It was really easy, and I liked having to do it that way. Microwave popcorn just never cut it for me.

J. is very busy but will post at some time not too far off, or so she says. Hold off on calls for her to post as they simply go to her head. She is very excited about dressing up for the Halloween party and this must have something to do with being the drama teacher. Last night I was being asked repeatedly if I favoured the fortune teller or "gothic bride" costume. As for myself, I can't think of what costume to adorn, and am leaning to none. Superman might be the obvious choice, but since that annoyance has recently died down, it would be unwise to rekindle it now.

I've got to go teach about the difference between direct and indirect colonial rule now and why Siam (Thailand) remained independent. The answer to that question seems to be that they gave up the store of actual independence for a nominal one and that Britain and France preferred a "buffer state" between French Indochina and British India, Burma, et al. Now, I'm late. More history and whatnot later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael - I have sent e-mails but no response from you - are you receiving them? I decided to contact you in the comment space. I do have some questions and comments but do not want them out there for all to read. Talk to you soon. Love, m

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home