Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Here we go, sort of



This is a shot taken during our descent into Jakarta. In the distance there are what appear to me to be conical shaped volcanoes. I am currently in a Singaporean internet cafe and am not able to use my MacBook so I've burnt some photos onto a disc. None, however, are of Singapore, those will come later.

The airport in Jakarta was slightly intimidating. The airports of the nation are a significantly less modern than Hong Kong or Singapores which are almost futuristic. In fact, one gets the impression on the street of Singapore that there in a computer generated movie set for a superhero film (so I should feel right at home.) The people who meet just seem to assume that we want to go McDonald's. I don't know if they want to eat there, or just think that this what Americans eat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home