Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Details and regular posts soon, i promise

Today I am in Singapore and there is much to tell but no time to tell it. I am here getting my work visa straightened out. It is now taken care of. A fellow teacher from Singapore has been kind enough to let me use his computer, but I've no time at all to really write anything of substance. I should have home internet very soon. On my word processing program I have been writing posts that I will copy on to the blog as soon as I can. Hence, there will be some retroactive posting.

At the airport in Medan before my flight to Singapore, people were pointing and laughing again, not only children. Turns out, they think I look like "Superman, before" (aka Clark Kent). Please be patient, I have not been able to access my email until just now and the inbox contained 28 emails. As soon as I can, I will reply to all of you. Cari, I need your phone number. Dave, I will call you Saturday morning (your time) if I can, or Sunday morning, (again, your time).

Singapore is hyper-modern, and yes, clean. But it feels like a nice and free place and not nearly so Draconian as advertised. Of course, I didn't litter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael, so glad things are going well. know you can't answer now, but since i was involved in it, how is it that your visa gets straightened out in another country??? hope you'll explain in detail later. Dad

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home